our text for today

David McDivitt david at subjectivist.org
Wed Dec 15 06:59:26 CET 2010

>From: Emeka Nweze <enweze at gmail.com>
>Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:50:04 -0500
>Cc: nonserviam at mailman.gramstad.no

<snip>

> "We are connected only if we want to be" is the only statement I have to
>disagree with. As animals under the same phylum we can communicate but can
>we "connect"? To borrow a phrase from John Beverely Robinson, "I am forever
>alone. NO one can experience my thoughts and feelings" Took me a while to
>accept this fact.
>
>It is a pleasure making your acquaintance. David. Your correspondence is
>interesting.

I appreciate your view on authority, Vee.

I think people can connect, if they want to, and what connection means to
each. But connectedness is a new face for morality and spiritualism creeping
into all disciplines.

Just because someone says subatomic particles are all connected, doesn't
mean they are, outside the model in his head. The same goes for people, too.

I like it when I can connect. It's fun. But I'm not going to connect the way
someone tells me to. I'm also going to refute any assertion based on
essential qualities of being human, or true functioning of the universe, or
silly shit like that.

--
yes, I dare to be subjective!