Libertarian social profile

David McDivitt david at subjectivist.org
Thu Nov 18 04:31:30 CET 2010

I don't agree it applies to O'ists. They remind me of Jehovah's Witnesses. I
don't see much individualism in them at all. As formerly religious I see
much of the same reasoning and mindset in them. Many similarities. Western
religion is a type of Platonic-Realism, objectivism is a contemporary form
of realism where it's reinvented again, and both groups, religionists and
objectivists, are comprised of people in search of rigid identity concepts,
thus reality.

I think the description given was insightful. Lack of identity definition
often means lack of happiness, too. Reason without taking at least some
things for granted, identity, reality, etc., has a down side, yes, but I
still prefer reason.

--
dgm