Canada or Nigeria?

Emeka Nweze enweze at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 22:05:07 CEST 2010

michael brown <foosi at hotmail.com> wrote:
why are you not able to survive in the u.s., and why would canada be any
better? and how do you get on a computer?

I have been in the U.S for about 7 years. Illegals don't qualify for even
the basic amenities so they have to keep working. E-Verify poses a serious
problem but I have ways to get around that using adobe. My ID and social
says American. I actually paid my way through college if you want an idea of
how financial stable I usually am.

As it is in this recession, I have been unemployed for two years working
only menial jobs and even that has dried out. Canada, I hear is more humane
and less fascist when it comes to illegal immigrants. No Arizona laws there.
On the other hand I've never been there and don't know a soul.

I get on a computer at Bunker Hill community college Chelsea branch. I'm on
one now.

As it is I am still trying to decide. I went over to Clover Hill at MIT like
Michael Muir recommended and got hired there but the gig/setup seems
incredibly shaky. Maybe it will work out and keep me on my feet but it seems
really unreliable. Like others here have mentioned, I need to make a long
term decision quick.

Rationally speaking, I should try to make it to Canada even if it means
ploughing throught the woods with my backpack. I care about nation state
systems the same way the pope cares about condom efficiency.

Sincerely,
Vee