Hello

Svein Olav Nyberg i at i-studies.com
Wed Oct 13 18:57:29 CEST 2010

At 22:21 -0500 12-10-10, Carmen Clark wrote:
>Gays get disgruntled with it because he refers to
>homosexuality as a form of mental illness, but of course you might
>argue with your natural morality that you won't get much offspring and
>extension or perhaps refinement/evolution of the species with
>homosexual behavior.

I've always wondered why "natural" morality requires such vast
amounts of arguing to capture a following. As for "nature selecting
away homosexuality", it has not happened -- except in moralist
phantasies.

Interesting arguments re innate values / egoism / morality, btw.
With Stirner, the term "egoist" was first and foremost a rhetorical
device. It was used against the moralities that Reason had supposedly
identified as innate to our natures - showing that these supposedly
innate values were really nothing but chimeras since they were rather
obviously not so innate to those not having those values; not innate
to the "egoists" outside of society.

Speaking of which: Our new member Emeka who started this thread is
outside of society in a more concrete manner these days. Coming from
the land of Nigerian princes sending emails where they promise giving
away their entire fortune for a mere 100$ and your bank account
number, he's not quite on top of the social pecking order or list of
desired workers in the workforce. So he needs some tips and advice
for leaving or living in the US.
--

Svein Olav Nyberg
http://i-studies.com/i/

   "Did you ever contribute anything to the
    happiness of Mankind?"

   "Yes, I myself have been happy!"

                 - John Henry Mackay