Libertarian social profile

Svein Olav Nyberg i at i-studies.com
Fri Nov 19 08:09:49 CET 2010

At 10:03 -0300 18-11-10, Blu wrote:
>Liberty is a good thing for me. I couldn't care less about others's.

I guess this issue might subdivide "the Nonserviam profile" into
several types. I can see responses like

* selfishness = stoic advantage calculation, so others' liberty
matters only to the extent that it figures in the advantage
calculation
* selfishness also including emotions, friendship and the like.
* the still-ideologue response ... well, you all know the type

I am increasingly leaning to the viewpoint that not only the last but
also the first type are ideologues, but that the former has made a
formal anti-ideological rhetoric part of his stance.
--

Svein Olav Nyberg
http://i-studies.com/i/

   "Did you ever contribute anything to the
    happiness of Mankind?"

   "Yes, I myself have been happy!"

                 - John Henry Mackay