No subject

Fri Mar 5 16:49:28 CET 2010

Welsh also takes great care to dissociate Stirner's thought from that of the
other great egoist critic of modernity, Friedrich Nietzsche.

Why do people consider Nietzsche an egoist? For some, I'd guess it's just a word

they have for those who don't preach a dogma of sacrifice to their fellow man.
I've just never seen the resemblance, in style or content, though I enjoy
Nietzsche in his way - the Philosopher Comedian. Is it just that living in the
forest of egoists, I can see the difference in the trees, while to those
far away, it looks like one tangled grove?

Even Rand could approach Stirner more closely than Nietzsche (I'm
thinking of the end of Anthem.) Nietzsche seems more like Marx, in terms of
writing *in reaction* to Stirner.

Buy Buy -- Dan Davis